Week 3 Blog - Lesson Reflection

This week has been great! I really feel like Katie, and I have gotten into a grove with the kiddos. We have gotten to know them enough to tell what will set them off and help them thrive. It is hard to believe that next week is the last week. 

I believe my lesson went well this week. I think the smaller groups were significant. My group did exceptionally well with proper vs. common nouns. They seemed to grasp the concept when I reinforced that proper nouns need a capital letter. I was really impressed with how well Sam did with identifying them. I also think breaking them into partners was a good idea as well. They seem to work well as partners. 

I want to work on my ability to let Sam work independently. I think my lesson this week was really good, but I would have loved to float to the other group too to see how they were doing with prepositions. I want to find an activity that he can do independently and feel confident in doing. I also discussed wanting to get to know Keria better last week, but with her being out one day and my COVID scare, I am afraid I won't be able to this week. We have one more week, and I am determined! 

Next week, Katie and I discussed doing a fun activity on the last day, and we are brainstorming that activity. I am really proud of both of us and how we have grown as teachers! 

Comments

  1. Hey Miss M. I think partner work is a great plan. I think the students thrive in a partner work situation. Students are able to collaborate and share ideas. I think we have done a lot of grouping by abilities and I believe we need to branch out more and have the students start to partner with different people. I think it will start to bring a new dynamic into the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great lesson and the students to really enjoy it too. I liked seeing the partners help each other. I wonder if Sam would work independently if there was an iPad activity he could do. Then when he got the results, he could show you them. If the score isn't high enough, you could encourage him to try again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Blog

Final Reflection

Lesson Reflection 1