Week 1 Blog

    I think this week went really well. I honestly had no idea what to expect coming in, but feel really good about how things are going. I think all of the kids are wonderful and have great personalities. I think J.R. and S.B. will be my biggest challenge. J, is a sweet student, but you can tell he lacks self-confidence. He gives up before he even starts. He is constantly asking when it is time to leave, I want to find a better way to reach him and incorporate his likes into the classroom. S.B. is also a sweet student, but I am having a hard time integrating his learning into our other groups. We have a lot of trouble getting a few students to work independently, so we feel like we need to be right next to them. The differentiation is going to be one of my biggest hurdles since they are all on vastly different levels. I will have to make sure my attention to detail is spot on. They really seemed to enjoy partner reading today. I am hoping to get more books at the Furman Library for the to read with and to each other. 

I am glad A.S. joined us today. I know that K was feeling a little left out by being the only girl. I enjoy working with Miss Taylor. She and I have good energy and we can really feed off of each other. We can read each other's faces and know what the other is thinking. I think we did an excellent job today with the situation that arose. We were able to assess and deescalate the situation without the other kids noticing. 

Goal 1: 
-I want to differentiate my math instruction more. I think I have a solid plan for those at the elementary level but need to create some more difficult content with those at a higher mathematical level. 
- I would like to connect more with Sam and find ways to integrate his learning into our other lessons. 
- I would like to deepen my differentiated writing instruction. I have a hard time with writing as a whole but am going to take this as an opportunity to learn more strategies. 

I am looking forward to working on my craft and tailoring my instruction to meet the needs of my kids. Cannot wait for next week! 




Comments

  1. Hello Miss M,
    I have loved getting to work with you this week. I think we are working towards finding a great system in the classroom. I agree with everything that you said about the students. I have also noticed a lack of confidence in some of the students. Hopefully our positive attitudes and getting more confident in general with the camp will help the students. I think our SEL activity every morning will be very helpful. I have also created a goal that I would like to work on differentiation in my lessons. As teachers in classrooms we try our best to integrate differentiation, but now we are differentiating for every student and it can be a bit more challenging. I think the more time we spend in small groups will be the most beneficial for the students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have set wonderful goals for yourself. Already, you have a wonderful rapport with the kids. I hope this experience is meaningful to you and can help you in the future. - Mrs. H.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Reflection

Lesson Reflection 1