Week 2 Blog

 Wow! I cannot believe week 2 is already finished! 

This week went by so fast. We had a BLAST, literally. This week we decided to make the theme space. We thought it would be fun to make paper rockets at the end of the week for our "Terrific Thursday!" I feel like this week, we began to get into a groove with the students. We know what to expect and how to prepare. I know which students take a little longer to warm up and which are ready to go at the beginning of the day. 

My comfort level with the class is increasing as well. I still have a lot to learn, but the differentiation part is becoming easier for me. I am starting to think outside of the box and incorporate a little more of my style into the classroom. At first, I wanted to set norms and try to stick to what I knew, but knowing that we are allowed to try new things in this space, makes me feel better. I am going to allow for more autonomy for the students this week. Our lessons will start to build on the foundations we have created. 

This week's goal is to make the girls feel more included. I think it is hard when there is sometimes only one female in the class. My goal for myself this week is to get to know her a little more and be intentional with making time to just chat with her. Cannot wait for another week! 

Comments

  1. I'm glad you were feeling more comfortable this week. I enjoy seeing you teach your lessons!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Blog

Final Reflection

Lesson Reflection 1